Did you know with certain procedures you have an option of getting it performed in-office or at an out-patient surgery center? You also have the option for general or local anesthesia. In case some of you are unfamiliar with the terms, in-office procedure means your procedure will be performed in the plastic surgeon’s office. This is the same office you came to for your consult. An out-patient surgery center is a surgery facility that is used by different surgeons to complete their procedures. These options help you to be in even more control of your procedure and outcome.Before going into the benefits of having your surgery in-office you should be aware of the procedures that give you this option.
1. Don’t Have To Be Put To Sleep (Local Anesthesia)We know sometimes the thought of lying unconscious can scare people. At an out-patient surgery center general anesthesia is administered to the patient. This allows the patient to sleep and be completely unaware during surgery. During an in-office procedure you will be given local anesthesia and sedatives. Under local anesthesia you are able to stay awake during the procedure without feeling any pain.
2. Lower CostYou are able to save a lot of money by having your procedure done in our office. This is because there will be no costs to pay for the surgery facility or its general anesthesia fees. The costs also go up the longer the procedure takes to perform.
3. No Pre-Op Testing NeededWhen using general anesthesia, you have to go through labs and get tests run prior to the procedure. When you get your procedure done in our office with local anesthesia, no tests are needed.
4. Ease Of Scheduling ProcedureScheduling your procedure with us becomes a lot easier. When scheduling for an out-patient surgery we have to work around times available with that surgery center, times that work with the doctor’s schedule and also a time that works well for you.
5. FamiliarityYou can step into our office the day of surgery feeling way more at ease. We understand that your nerves can run high during the day of surgery. When you have your surgery in-office you will be coming into a familiar place. You will be able to navigate your surroundings and feel more in control. You also will see familiar faces. You will know what to expect and trust the people taking care of you.
6. ConvenienceSheer convenience is a huge factor in deciding to have an in-office procedure. Most likely the office is closer to your home than the out-patient surgery center. Also, since you will be filling out all your paperwork during your pre-op visit and will not be visiting a different center, additional paperwork before surgery will not be required.
If you would like to see if you are a good candidate for local anesthesia in our office, then don’t hesitate to contact us. Our patient care coordinator will be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have.